Welcome to OpenColumbus
What we’re about
We will be continuing the momentum from the 2018 Hackathon. Our goals are to enable community participation in areas of BI/Analytics, Data analysis / Visualization and software development. Check out the hackathon review video!
Promoting Smart Columbus open datasets to solve challenges related to the quality of life and economic growth of Columbus.
When and where we meet
The group meets on a monthly cadence. The current cadence is the second Tuesday of the month. The location we meet will vary based on a number of factors:
- We try to host at companies already involved in Smart City Columbus in some way
- We try to roam the meeting space around based on where people live
- basically we look around the i270 loop
- central downtown
- Event spaces willing to donate space ;)
- Create a community that provides freedom to connect, learn, innovate and collaborate.
- Encourage participation by providing data, tools, and education.
- Serve as a reliable means of communication between Smart Columbus and the community.
- Community github org SCODEMeetup
- TODO Please ping the organizers to be added to the org as a contributor
- Slack channel - #scode on Techlife Columbus slack
- Please join the community slack!
- Smart Columbus Open Datasets
- Seed use cases to solve
- TODO we should have our own use-cases as community-contributed may not be 100% fit / match or even exist ;)
Note: The meetup is open to individuals of all backgrounds and skillsets in the Columbus community. You can be the developer, designer, product or business idea person or an engaged community member with a problem in mind to solve. There is a place for everyone. Even if you haven’t attended the hackathon please stop by if you want to pitch/understand/contribute.